Bar Manager job vacancy in Faversham, Kent
This is a wonderful opportunity for a Bar Manager to join a prestigious events venue to run their events bar and act as duty manager for some events. Situated in the heart of Faversham, Kent, this venue is tied in with local heritage and hosts business, social, leisure and cultural events and activities throughout the year, including weddings, music events, conferences, community groups and parties.
This role is available on a permanent basis and can be offered as either full-time or part-time depending on the candidate.
What’s in it for you as a Bar Manager?
- Starting salary of between £20,000 and £25,000 per year depending on experience (based on a 37 hour week).
- The ability to have a real impact on the success of the venue, benefiting from autonomy and the chance to bring and try out new ideas.
- A fun and engaging events atmosphere, working within a not-for-profit community interest company that values its staff and their contributions.
About this Bar Manager Job Opportunity in Faversham, Kent:
- Reporting to the venue’s General Manager, you will be running the bar for events.
- Recruiting, training and overseeing casual members of bar staff.
- Setting up and closing the bar.
- Maintaining the bar, including cleanliness and stock levels, including stock-takes.
- Cash management.
- EPOS: running activity and stock reports.
- Sourcing stock, keeping in mind profit margins, ordering stock as required.
- Maximise profit margins, working within and reporting against a budget.
- Developing what the bar and café can offer, generating ideas to increase bar revenue including promoting the bar for events hire.
- At times, acting as duty manager, including building management, health and safety checks, opening and closing the building and being overall responsible for the venue during these times.
- Admin support when required.
Bar Manager shifts:
- 37 hours per week over 5 days. However, a part-time position can be negotiated for the right candidate.
- A varied shift pattern that will mostly include evenings and weekends, with some day shifts depending on the events calendar.
About you, the ideal Bar Manager for the job:
- You should have previous Bar Management experience.
- Ability to manage staff, including recruitment, supervision and rostering.
- Holds a personal licence, or willingness to undertake personal licence training.
- You should be able to bring fresh ideas on promotion of the bar and venue.
- A good knowledge of beverage handling and storage.
- An events or hospitality background.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety, building operations and building supervision.
If this Bar Manager Job in Faversham, Kent, looks right for you, please apply with a full and up to date CV today.