Care Coordinator job vacancy in Whitstable, Kent.
Domiciliary care makes an incredible difference to the lives of so many, with Care Assistants working hard to support those who need it most. For many, suitable Domiciliary Care is the very thing that allows them to keep their independence in their own homes.
Our client takes pride in offering this support, and they require a hands-on Care Coordinator to join them in their unrivalled efforts to care for their clients in Whitstable and Herne Bay.
You’ll be joining a family-run business that values your input and encourages your ideas. This is an opportunity to make a positive impact to the team and progress towards a Registered Manager role with support from the directors.
What’s in it for you?
- On target earnings of £25,000+ per year.
- A starting salary of £21,000, increasing to £24,000 after a 6-month probation.
- A quarterly bonus for compliance, client feedback and CQC standards.
- Enhanced pay rates for weekends and unsociable hours when they are required.
- Progression up to NVQ level 5, if you don’t have it already.
- Progression towards a Registered Manager role, looking after your own branch.
- A better work-life balance than the care industry usually offers.
- Autonomy to make positive contributions and changes to help move the business forward.
- A refreshing and positive work culture within a family-run domiciliary care company that looks after it’s team properly.
Care Coordinator working pattern:
- 35 hours per week.
- 3 shifts working 9am to 5pm per week.
- 2 shifts working care shift hours (either 7am-2pm or 4pm-10pm) per week. (You’ll receive enhanced pay rates for any hours worked after 7pm or on weekends.)
- 30 days annual leave, including bank holiday allowance.
About this Care Coordinator job in Whitstable, Kent:
- Prepare weekly rotas, update daily rota changes and handle Carer holiday requests.
- Record any client/carer issues on the database, updating care plans, memo book and client history with client issues.
- Provide care cover for uncovered calls, remaining an active Domiciliary Care Assistant to keep in touch with the role, clients and your team of Domiciliary Care Assistants.
- To cover on-call duties.
- Co-ordination and monitoring of client note sheet auditing.
- Organising and holding staff meetings, preparing and carrying out all supervision & appraisals.
- Co-ordination of appointments.
- Organisation & co-ordination of new clients and existing client reviews.
- Co-ordination of new carers, and arranging shadowing.
- Completing exit interviews and return to work interviews.
- Co-ordination of medication issues and documentation.
- Answer incoming calls and other care administration duties as required.
About you, the ideal Care Coordinator for the job:
- NVQ level 3 or higher in Health and Social Care or related subject (unless changing industry).
- This would suit either an experienced Care Coordinator looking for a better working environment, or a Senior Care Assistant / Domiciliary Care Worker looking for career progression.
- Applications would be considered from those in a similar supervisory/managerial role from industries such as retail and hospitality, which can bring transferable skills.
- You must have a full UK driving licence and your own transport.
- Have a big personality that will inspire confidence in colleagues and clients.
- Ambitious to develop your career.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- IT literate (competent on Microsoft Office packages).
- Creative problem solver with experience with resolving conflict and delivering great customer service.
- Be passionate about delivering quality.
- Highly organised.
If this Care Coordinator job in Whitstable, Kent, looks right for you, please apply with or full CV, or get in touch with James Tomlinson at J & J Recruitment Solutions on 01227 369922.