Domiciliary Care Assistants required in Whitstable, Kent. Full training given.
This Domiciliary Care job offers a salary! No more worrying about getting the hours that you need, or worrying that travel time will reduce your earning potential!
Domiciliary Care Assistants make a real difference to the lives of those that rely on their hard work in order to remain independent at home. This Domiciliary Care Assistant job opportunity in Whitstable, Kent, is an opportunity for you to make that difference, offering a person-centred approach to personal care for your clients.
A full training package is offered, so although experience is very much welcomed, you can be successful without it if you have strong communication skills and a caring and empathetic nature. You will also need access to your own transport.
You will be joining a well-established company that offers flexible working, understands the importance of work-life balance and offers an attractive package to their team, along with continued training and development. This job opportunity in Whitstable is available for both full-time and part-time Carers, and a variety of working patterns can be accommodated based on availability – please get in touch to find out how we can make this work for you.
About this Home Care Assistant / Domiciliary Care Worker job opportunity in Whitstable, Kent:
- To offer personal Domiciliary Care to clients with a wide range of needs, illnesses and disabilities, in their own homes.
- To support your clients with their physical, emotional, cultural and social needs, using a person-centred approach. This includes supporting them to get up in the morning or going to bed at night, personal hygiene, toileting, continence management, medication, preparing meals, light housework, personal affairs and accompany them on trips in to the community. This is done by following a care and support plan.
- Offer companionship to clients, building effective working relationships with them, their family and friends, and other stakeholders, actively listening to their needs and interests.
- Observe and promote the client’s choice, independence, dignity, privacy, fulfilment and other rights.
- To read care and support plans, acknowledging any changes, and maintain detailed and accurate records relating to care and medication support given.
- To recognise the signs of abuse and immediately report any suspected abuse to a manager.
- To attend in-house and external training, continually developing your practice.
Domiciliary Care Worker shift pattern:
- Flexible shift work offered for both full- and part-time Domiciliary Care Assistants.
- Full-time Domiciliary Care Assistants work 35 hours per week, with approximately 5 hours travel time per week in total.
- Part-time Domiciliary Care Assistant hours can vary and are flexible around availability.
- Shifts can be set up around availability, generally falling in to AM shifts (approx 7am-2pm), Day shifts (approx 9am-finish) and PM shifts (approx 4pm-10pm). However, there is a degree of flexibility, allowing Carers to work around things such as school hours.
- Shifts will need to include weekends and bank holidays.
About you, the successful Home Care Assistant in the Whitstable and Herne Bay area:
- You must have access to your own transport and your own email address.
- Previous experience in the care industry would be preferred, but is not essential.
- Strong communication skills.
- Caring and empathetic, with a desire to make the difference to people’s lives.
- Flexible availability for work.
- Happy to undergo checks such as the Adult Baring List and DBS Checks.
What’s in it for you, the ideal Domiciliary Care Worker for the job?
- A salary of £21,500/year.
- Optional overtime is paid at an additional £12.00 per hour.
- Mileage paid at 45p per mile.
- Flexible working hours.
- Full training given, with further training offered up to and including NVQ Level 5.
- Career development.
- 28 days paid holiday per annum.
If this Home Care Assistant / Domiciliary Care Worker job opportunity in the Whitstable and Herne Bay areas of Kent seems right for you, please apply with a full CV to J & J Recruitment Solutions or call James on 01227 369922 to find out more.