Multi Drop Parcel Delivery Drivers needed in Aylesford, Maidstone, Kent
Our client is a leading parcel courier, with sites nationally. We are quickly approaching their busiest period, with seasonal online shopping bring high volumes of parcels to be delivered between now and the end of the year.
About this Multi Drop Parcel Delivery Driver job in Aylesford:
- Driving a 3.5t van along residential routes within the Medway and Kent areas.
- Loading the van prior to starting your route.
- Scanning parcels and operating a delivery system application.
- Following a routing system to deliver parcels efficiently, staying within estimated delivery slots.
- Delivering great levels of customer service.
- Following appropriate delivery guidelines, selecting suitable alternatives when someone is not in to accept a delivery.
- Remaining courteous to other road users at all time, representing the company as a driver.
- Returning to the depot at the end of your route for debrief, returning the van and any undelivered parcels / collections ready to be unloaded back in to the warehouse.
Multi drop parcel delivery driver shifts:
- Monday to Saturday (6 day weeks).
- Start times between 07:00 and 09:00 depending on the route.
- Finish times will vary depending on the route and your efficiency. However, you will receive pay for a minimum of 10 hours per day regardless of how soon you finish. Any additional hours will be paid at the hourly rate.
- Occasional Sundays may be required during the busiest period, paid at an enhanced rate of £15.00 per hour.
About you, the ideal delivery driver:
- Previous van driving experience.
- Full UK driving licence with less than 6 points and no major endorsements.
- Previous parcel courier experience is desirable but not essential – van experience from other industries will be considered.
- You will need to complete a driving assessment before starting work in order to make sure that you are competent driving a 3.5t long wheel based van.
- Available Monday to Saturday.
- Looking to earn as much as possible leading up to Christmas
What’s in it for you?
- £12.00 per hour with a minimum of 10 hours paid per day (£120/day minimum).
- An agency placement lasting to the end of the year, with some drivers staying on afterwards.
- An enhanced rate of £15.00/hour for any Sundays worked.
- The opportunity to build up experience as a parcel courier, building a relationship with an industry leader. Parcel Delivery can become a financially rewarding career if you are good at it.
If this multi drop parcel delivery job in Aylesford looks right for you, please apply with a full CV to J & J Recruitment Solutions.