Packing and Dispatch Operative job opportunity in Preston, Canterbury.
Our client is a multi-award winning luxury skin care brand, offering a fantastic package to the successful candidate that will join their growing company at an exciting time. Quickly moving from a small start up to a recognised brand, they resource all products responsibly, take part in charity work and plant a tree for every order that they receive.
Based in Preston, Canterbury, within a brand new unit, you will be joining a small but growing family orientated team as a member of their Packing and Dispatch team.
About this Packing and Dispatch warehouse job vacancy:
This role will be mostly split across two main duties:
- To pick and pack customer orders, paying close attention to the presentation of these luxury items. Picking accuracy is essential, as is packaging quality, in order to ensure that each customer is happy with their order fulfilment. There will be compliance targets based on customer feedback.
- To dispatch orders, booking each package in on Royal Mail’s Click and Drop System, ensuring that orders reach customers within the expected time frame.
This role requires repetitive manual handling.
The packing and dispatch warehouse shift pattern:
- You’ll initially start working 09:00-17:00, 3 days per week.
- During busy periods, or once a full-time opportunity develops, this may change to 09:00-17:00, 5 days per week.
- There will be some early finishes and extra time off when orders are fulfilled.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive pay rate of £10.60 per hour
- Free on-site parking
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays off
- A bonus scheme based on picking and packing performance
- Private medical and dental cover
About you, the ideal Packing and Dispatch Operative:
- You should have previous experience booking parcels on to a shipping system
- You must have at least two years’ picking and packing experience, capable of working quickly with high levels of accuracy and care over the products
- Attention to the smallest details that will make the difference to product safety and a customer’s first impressions
- Comfortable and efficient in a warehouse environment
- Team focused and a belief in delivering a great customer experience as part of that team
- Ability to stay focused on task
- Get excited about the charitable and environmental work that the company will continue to do
If this Packing and Dispatch warehouse job vacancy in Canterbury looks right for you, please apply with a full CV or get in touch with James at J & J Recruitment Solutions to discuss the role further.