Production Planner / Planning Manager job in Canterbury.
This is a fantastic chance to join a successful and established family-run manufacturer as a Production Planning Manager, at a time when they are experiencing a sustained growth period that will bring further opportunity and development for the role.
You’ll become a major part of the management structure.
This growing manufacturer supplies bespoke retail display equipment to large retailers across the UK, with new installs happening every week with major retailers, as well as some smaller projects alongside. Their operation is predominantly wood panel/carpentry based with CVC routing, edge banding, spray and assembly facilities.
If you are a hands-on Production Manager looking for a new challenge, or an over-performing Production Planner looking for career progression, and up for meeting the demands of a small but growing, family-run business environment, please read on and apply.
About this Production Planner / Manager job in Canterbury:
- Reporting directly to one of two Directors, you will be responsible for planning the day-to-day work for the manufacturing team.
- Planning ahead to account for impact and implications of production timings, scheduling work to ensure that all parts needed to create the displays are manufactured in time for each install.
- Ensure that the production team have all require materials, production capacity and information required to fulfill orders and supply a smooth fit out.
- Work closely with the Directors to further develop and influence new systems and methods for managing production and order fulfillment that may be required as they grow.
Production Planning Manager shift pattern:
- Monday to Friday, 08:00 – 17:00.
- No weekend working!
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (including Christmas shutdown).
About you, the ideal Production Planning Manager:
- Have experience within a manufacturing environment at a planner or managerial level.
- Strong leadership skills. You should take a hands-on approach with your management style, willing to muck in and get things done.
- Effective time management and ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Ability to think methodically and forward plan is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively at all levels, including the Directors, administrative staff, design team and production / workshop employees.
- Computer literate, with good skill levels in Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Experience reading dimensioned CAD drawings on a PC would be an advantage, but training on this can be given.
- Maintain a positive attitude, bringing the small team up with you.
- Own transport is recommended due to the remote village location.
What’s in it for you?
- The successful Production Manager / Production Planner will receive:
- A starting salary of between £40,000 and £45,000 depending on experience.
- Plus bonuses based on company performance.
- On-site parking.
- Pension scheme.
If this Production Manager role looks like a good fit for you, please apply today with a full CV, or call James on 01227 369922 to find out more.