Production Operative job opportunity with a growing brewery in Broadstairs, Kent.
Our client has a fantastic job vacancy for a Production Operative. This is an opportunity for someone to join a growing brewery, working in their bottling and packaging department.
This is a temp-to-perm opportunity, meaning that you will initially join the team via J & J Recruitment Solutions, receiving a permanent contract with our client directly after approximately 12 weeks.
About this Production / Packing Operative job:
- Quality control, paying close attention to detail against packaging specifications.
- Movement of stock to ensure smooth operation within the production line.
- Setting up packaging and labelling machines, and monitoring their performance.
- Unloading products at the end of the line, and packaging them in line with standards.
- Palletise finished cases and moving finished pallets ready for the warehouse team.
- Clean machines and production areas, maintaining a clean and tidy area at all times.
- Complete paperwork and production reports, including stock reports following each run.
Production / Packing Operative shift pattern:
- Monday to Friday, day shifts.
- 40 hours per week.
- Usually 8am to 5pm. However, flexibility is needed here to ensure targets are met. Eg, occasionally, some later 12-8 shifts may be required in order to allow for brewing teams to prepare beer for packaging in the mornings.
- During peak times, there may be requirement to move to shift work, working either 6-2 or 2-10.
About you, the ideal Production / Packing Operative:
- Flexible regarding shifts times.
- Previous packaging and quality control experience is a great advantage.
- Able to understand and follow strict processes and procedures.
- Great attention to detail, capable of noticing and correcting minor errors in production lines quickly.
- Able to work fast, with repetitive manual handling to tight deadlines.
- A team player, able to muck-in and help towards shared goals and meet customer demand.
What’s in it for you?
- £11.00 to £12.00 per hour, depending on experience.
- The start of a fantastic career within the brewing industry, with a local and growing brewery.
- A permanent contract after a successful placement.
If this Production / Packing Operative job opportunity in Thanet looks right for you, please apply today with a full CV to J & J recruitment Solutions! If you have any questions, please call James on 01227 369922.