Refuse Loader required in Sittingbourne.
An opportunity has arisen to join the team in Sittingbourne, delivering punctual and friendly services to local residents. They take pride in the service they offer, which is integral to the local community and the environment.
About this Refuse Loader job in Sittingbourne:
- Following a dustcart on foot, paying close attention to public safety and traffic management.
- Collecting and loading household waste into the dustcart.
- Operating bin lift machinery (all training will be given).
- Represent the agency, the client and local council in a positive and friendly manner to local businesses and residents.
- Covering large areas on foot, outside in all weathers.
Refuse Loader shifts:
- Working initially on an ad hoc basis, you will be working towards a regular slot as a refuse loader (part time or full time). The most reliable and hardest working Refuse Loaders will receive the most shifts, with many receiving full-time work and eventually being given permanent contracts.
- Monday to Friday with occasional Saturdays.
- 06:30am starts and an average of 8 hours per day (finish times vary dependent on the routes)
About you, the ideal Refuse Loader:
- Previous experience as a refuse loader or street cleaner is preferred but not essential – all training will be given.
- Previous experience working in waste management, an industrial setting or within construction, working outside in all weathers is preferred.
- Previous manual handling experience.
- Customer facing and friendly, able to communicate confidently.
- A proactive team player.
- Fully flexible and available to work shifts at short notice.
What’s in it for you?
- £9.19 per hour.
- Overtime paid at time-and-a-half on Saturdays.
- Overtime paid at double-time on bank holidays.
- The potential to work towards a permanent contract.
If this Refuse Loader Job in Sittingbourne looks right for you, please apply with a full CV to J & J Recruitment Solutions or call us on 01227 369922 to find out more.