Retail Sales Consultant required in Herne Bay, Kent
Our client is a local, family-run business with two key goals: 1. Commit to delivering a fantastic and personal customer experience; 2. Invest in their hard-working, friendly and passionate staff. They are wanting to add a retail sales assistant with a creative, artistic flair to their team, looking for someone that seeks a long-term career within a small but busy showroom.
This is not your typical retail sales role. You will join a tight-knit team without individual sales targets, working together to deliver a fantastic customer experience. This company really believes in looking after their team and creating a positive work environment! Positive team players need only apply.
What’s in it for you?
- £20,800 to £23,712 per year
- Annual product turnover bonus
- Staff pension
- 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff discount
About this Retail Sales Consultant job opportunity in Herne Bay, Kent
- Starting as a trainee, you will be taught everything that you need to know within a showroom, including full use of design software for designing bathrooms, kitchens and living areas.
- Create inspiring designs using specialist CAD software, bring your own creative and artistic flair.
- Greet and serve customers when they enter the showroom or contact online or by phone.
- Advise customers on products, helping them reach a decision that is right for them.
- Create quotes and complete sales using Sage Accounts Professional software (full training given).
- Keeping up to date with the latest design trends and updating the showroom in line with these.
- Checking orders as they arrive on site, which will include manual handling.
- Full Time
- Monday to Friday, 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday mornings at additional recompense
About you, the ideal Retail Sales Consultant:
- You will have an artistic flair, ideally with an art-based qualification at GCSE level or above.
- A friendly, dynamic and creative character.
- Great attention to detail, able to work accurately – this type of design work needs high levels of accuracy.
- A real team player.
- Enjoys a retail sales environment, communicating well with others in a professional and friendly manner, believing in great customer service.
- Able to learn quickly and retain large amounts of information as you will be learning new software and large amounts of product knowledge to become an expert.
- Computer literate – you will be using specialist software, for which full training is given, as well as emailing with customers and using Microsoft Office.
- A good listener, able to establish a customer’s needs and build a relationship with them.
- English and Mathematics GCSE grade C/5 or equivalent.
- Experience within a construction environment or with Sage Accounts Professional would be beneficial but these are not essential.
If this retail sales consultant job opportunity in Herne Bay, Kent, looks right for you, please apply with a full CV to J&J Recruitment Solutions. If you have any artwork to show, we’d love to see that too!