Account Manager job opportunity in Whitstable within a dynamic engineering company, based in Whitstable, Kent.
Purpose of the role: To create sustainable and organic sales growth by developing an existing portfolio of loyal domestic and international accounts across multiple markets by delivering excellent levels of customer service to build strong customer relationships.
About this Account Manager job opportunity in Kent:
- Maintain and grow around fifteen existing accounts that will be assigned to your portfolio.
- Identify future needs and opportunities by actively reaching out to your accounts, including customer care calls and monitoring buying patterns.
- Create strategic business plans for assigned customers, including financial targets and SLAs.
- Work closely with engineers to provide tailored solutions to your customers.
- Prepare quotes based on technical drawings, gathering required data for use in calculations.
- Follow up on quotes, converting orders and processing orders accurately to customer’s specifications.
- Liaise with customers throughout ordering, manufacturing and delivery processes, including aftercare.
- Handle all customer concerns and complaints, including investigating causes, creating action plans and reports to improve customer outcomes.
About you, the ideal Account Manager for the job:
- Previous experience within B2B sales, preferably within Engineering.
- Experience as an Account Manager or similar, serving an international customer base, with an understanding of multicultural behaviours.
- Other types of experience within an Engineering based business/industry would be an advantage.
- Driven, motivated and enthusiastic whilst working under pressure in a fast growth environment.
- A brilliant communicator, with experience in building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to produce accurate and credible plans, forecasts and reports. This will require strong organisational and attention to detail skills.
- Able to speak one to one with Engineers to develop designs.
- Strong IT skills.
- Able to influence and persuade others, selling ideas.
Account Manager working pattern:
- Office based.
- 5 days per week with an early finish on Fridays!
- Monday to Thursday 08:00am to 16:30 (30 mins unpaid lunch).
- Friday 08.00 to 13:30.
What’s in it for you?
- £30,000/year upwards, depending on experience. (Possibility of additional bonuses)
- Free onsite parking.
- Subsidised restaurant facility.
- Group Personal Pension Plan.
If this Account Manager job opportunity in Whitstable, Kent, looks right for you then please apply today with a full CV to J & J Recruitment Solutions. You are also welcome to call James for an informal chat first by calling our Herne Bay office.