Street Cleaner required to service the Canterbury area, delivering punctual and friendly services to local residents.
As a Street Cleaner, you will be doing the following:
- Covering the Canterbury, Herne Bay or Whitstable area, changing the street bins and loading the waste into a caged vehicle.
- If qualified, driving the 3.5t vehicle
- Clearing areas of waste, including fly tipped waste
- Occasionally covering barrow work, which includes collecting waste and litter from public areas
- Represent the agency, our client and the local council in a positive and friendly manner to residents and local businesses
Street Cleaner shifts:
- Working initially on an ad hoc basis, at times called in on the morning of the shift, you will be working towards a regular slot as a street cleaner (part time or full time). The most reliable and hardest working Refuse Loaders will receive the most shifts
- 06:00-15:00, weekdays
About you, the ideal Street Cleaner:
- Previous experience as a refuse loader or street cleaner is preferred but not essential – all training will be given
- Full, clean, UK drivers’ licence would be beneficial but not essential. Those without licences can buddy up with drivers
- Previous experience working in waste management, an industrial setting or within construction, working outside in all weathers is preferred
- Previous manual handling experience
- Customer facing and friendly, able to communicate confidently
- A proactive team player
- Fully flexible and available to work shifts at short notice
If this Street Cleaner opportunity sounds like you, apply to J & J Recruitment Solutions. This is an ongoing agency placement. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to register at our office in Herne Bay.