Team Leader required for residential childcare setting in Sittingbourne, Kent.
Our client provides residential care and education to children and young people, with the aim of changing the direction of their lives and improving outcomes long-term. They are a medium sized residential childcare organisation with multiple homes which can offer career progression and great salaries.
This is an opportunity to join them in a leadership role, heading a team of Residential Support Workers, whilst remaining hands-on as a care provider and seeing the difference that you can make to the lives of the young people within the service.
About this Team Leader role within residential childcare:
- Lead a team of Residential Support Workers to deliver positive outcomes for the young people that you and your team care for.
- Support recruitment, training, performance management and mentoring of your team of support workers, aiming to develop and improve the team and the home.
- Support the Home Manager and Deputy Home Manager with the day-to-day running of the residential home for children and young people.
- Work closely with children, including in a keyworker capacity, focusing on their individual needs as highlighted in their care plan, maintaining accurate and objective records.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness around the home, deliver a space that is welcoming and homely for the residents.
- Organise educational and recreational activities for the children and young people in your care.
- Oversee safeguarding and health and safety within the team.
Team Leader / Residential Support Worker working pattern:
- 40 hours per week.
- Shift work: 5 day shifts per week, including some weekends.
- 2 sleep-ins per week on average (additional pay offered per sleep-in.
About you, the ideal Team Leader or Residential Support Worker looking to progress your career:
- A minimum of NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare is preferred, but a similar relevant qualification relating to healthcare may be considered.
- Previous experience working in a residential childcare setting is preferred, ideally as a Residential Support Worker or Team Leader, where there was a focus on achieving outcomes.
- A working knowledge of legislation relevant to Residential Childcare.
- An understanding of child development and the impact of childhood trauma.
- Knowledge and awareness of different models of intervention.
- An empathetic approach to care, with a good sense of humour and emotional resilience.
- Able to organise, plan and take responsibility as a leader.
What’s in it for you?
- Expected earnings of £30,160 per year.
- A base salary of £23,920
- £60 per sleep-in. This equates to an additional £6,240 per year based on 2 sleep-ins per week.
- Training and development, including working towards a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management.
- Career development opportunities across the organisation.
If this Team Leader job in Sittingbourne, Kent, looks right for you, please apply with a full CV to J & J Recruitment Solutions, or give James a call on 01227 369922 to discuss the role less formerly.